You’re beautiful – yes, I’m talking to you!

Beautiful.jpgAccording to a study done by Dove, only 4% of women around the world consider themselves beautiful.  My heart hurts for these women in the remaining 96% and as a woman myself, I know how much pressure is put on them by society to look a certain way.  But it’s not just women, men struggle with their own self-esteem as well.

That’s why I want to take a moment to tell you some things you should know about yourself:  You are beautiful & you are loved.

I always loved this quote by an unknown author, “I remember who I am when I remember whose I am.” Here are 7 verses in the Bible that I would like to share to you to remind you how beautiful, loved and amazing you truly are:

♥ “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:13-14.

♥ “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.” Genesis 1:27.

♥ “The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.” Psalm 147:11.

♥ “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16.

♥ “Our beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.”
1 Peter 3:3-4.

♥ “He has made everything beautiful in its time.” Ecclesiastes 3:11.

♥ “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Ephesians 2:10.

I still struggle at times with my self-esteem.  But I remember whose I am and who made me.  My Father God made me exactly who I am supposed to be – and He made you exactly how you are supposed to be.  I hope you find encouragement in that today.  Give yourself a hug today because you are wonderful!

Prayer:  Father God, thank you for making me exactly who I am supposed to be.  Because I am Your creation, I know how beautiful I am.  Please help other women see their own beauty and uniqueness today.

Take it Further:  Think of someone you can encourage this week and remind them how beautiful they are!

1 comment

Add Yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s